Everything and the Kitchen Sink


My mother-in-law used to say she hated making a big dinner because after all the hours of work, it was all undone so quickly.  I feel the same way about cleaning the kitchen - all that work and it never lasts for long.

Today while my husband replaced the next part of the fence that's falling down, I decided to roll up my sleeves and attack the kitchen from top to bottom.  I  dusted the light fixtures, I wiped down all the counters and large and small appliances, cleaned the stove top, shined the kettle, made the sunbeam toaster beam, washed the dishes, loaded the dishwasher, and wiped down all 27 cupboard doors and 14 drawers, (never have white cupboards!).  I finished with a good mopping of the floor and the satisfaction that comes with a job well done.  

It won't stay this way for long that's for sure, and even as I put down the camera, I glanced towards the stove where new potatoes boiled for tonight's dinner.  Water splashed over the sides of the pot, leaving brown spots on the ceramic stove top as the starch burnt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom