Coincidence? I Think So....

I happened to see a trailer for a Ricky Gervais movie yesterday and in it, he mentioned having buried a "mangle" in his back yard.  Mangle as an noun was new to me but it must have been in my subconscious somewhere as my mind recalled a mint green coloured wringer washer sitting in the corner of my childhood kitchen.  

When I stopped by Father Pandosy Mission this afternoon to take some photos for this blog I was pleasantly surprised to come across this mangle.  It's funny how often you hear something for the first time and then it appears to you or you hear about again within 24 hours.


Later, when I pulled into the queue for the traffic circle near the Mission, I was amused to find myself behind a Mazda pick-up with a brand new washing machine sitting in the back of the truck.  I was further tickled to realize that my last errand before the photo shoot had been to stop at the grocery store and pick up a box of washing soda and a bottle of laundry detergent.  Coincidence?  Law of Attraction?  Perceptual Vigilance?  Likely the latter...but it's still fun.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm headed to the laundry room to see if an old fashioned product like washing soda will get my clothes any cleaner, filled with gratitude that I won't have to use an old fashioned appliance like a mangle to wring out the water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

Pearls of Wisdom

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book