You Say Tomato, I Say YUM!

Field tomatoes at Don-O-Ray's on Benvoulin Road
The tomato season is in full swing and we are enjoying every minute of it with daily pickings from the prolific plants in this year's garden.  Another week or two and I'll be doing my annual canning of 100 lbs. of tomatoes from Janet Tucker's farm off Reynolds Road.   I've been putting up tomatoes for almost 20 years now and I never regret the effort.  

Even during our evacuation during the 2003 Okanagan Mountain Park Fire, one of the first things I did when I got back to my home sweet home was to can tomatoes, despite the fact that my girlfriend and I had canned her 100 lbs while we waited out the flames in Oyama.  Canned tomatoes from a store cannot compare to a jar from your cold room.  If you've never canned tomatoes yourself, well I highly recommend you start!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom