Pumpkin Eaters

Missed posting yesterday so I thought I'd share some dessert from earlier this week.  Nothing beats a pumpkin pie made from scratch and since my Dad won't be here for Thanksgiving I thought I'd make one while he was visiting.  It's easier than you think and well worth it! Here's the one I made in the photo above.  It always gets rave reviews.

Pumpkin Pie from Scratch

Start with a sugar or pie pumpkin from your local fruit and vegetable market.
Cut pumpkin in half, remove seeds.
Place cut side down in a 9X13 pan with 1/4” of water
Bake @400 for 30 minutes or until soft.  
Remove immediately from water

Put pastry in 9” pie plate
Preheat oven to 425 F

Mix together:

2 C of cooked pumpkin
3/4 C sugar
1 2/3 C evaporated milk ( = one 370 ml can)
2 lightly beaten eggs
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves

Bake for 15 minutes at 425 then reduce to 350 and bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

Pearls of Wisdom

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book