Sioux Lookout for Dinner


I dashed into the Cod Father's this afternoon after a sudden inspiration to see if they had any fresh pickerel in stock.  Lucky me!  They had some just in from Ontario.  It's usually from Manitoba and though it's a treat when you haven't had any for a while, Manitoba pickerel just doesn't seem as good as the fish we caught in the lakes near Sioux Lookout Ontario where I grew up.

Tonight we'll be having a traditional Sioux inspired dinner with pan fried pickerel, wild rice that I know for sure comes from near Sioux because my dad sent it to me.  Gayle McKenzie's cucumber salad will be one of the side dishes and I think I might dig into the frozen wild blueberries for dessert.  I have no idea what I'll do with them, so feel free to share your suggestions.

My Mom with the result of a good day's fishing in the early 70's


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom