Eat Local!


Yesterday, I stopped by My Country Garden, to pick up supplies to make this years batch of dill pickles.  Surprisingly it took me three stores before I found any pickling vinegar.  It's not that they were sold out, neither Extra Foods nor Stooperstore even had a spot of the shelf for it.  What's up with that?




I couldn't resist these cute little eggplants, though I had no idea what I was going to do with them.

I ended up roasting them with some olive oil and chopped garlic.  They were delicious along with the steamed corn from Don-O-Ray, pork tenderloin from Mission Meat and caprese salad with cherry and pear tomatoes from our own garden and boccocini from Valoroso.

Comments

  1. Ooo, so good, so healthy!!! I'd love for you to share your dill pickle recipe, whether you jar them this year, or not.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

Pearls of Wisdom

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book