Ellipsis for Nicole

Sadly, today is the last day of the Grad Show for the Fine Artists at University of British Columbia Okanagan.  I say sadly, because I didn't get a chance to stop by until yesterday, and I wish I could have told you about it sooner.  I think you'd really enjoy it.  I've been to three or four of these shows and I have to say this is easily my favourite.  It could be because there are quite a few photographers in this graduating class, but I also think it's because I found these works so accessible compared to some of instillations in previous shows.  Yes I do think art should make you think, but I don't think it should make you think "WTF?" too often.  But maybe that's just me.  My apologies to artists whose works I did not post, I just couldn't take photos of everything and I know I missed capturing some great talent.  

My main reason for posting here today, was so my daughter could see what her classmates have been up to this year.  This is the class she was supposed to graduate with, but since she did her exchange to UCLA this year, she will take one more course in 2014/15 and will graduate with the next group.  I look forward to sharing that with you, this time next year.  In the meantime, keep your eye out for these emerging artists, coming soon to a gallery near you!

Apologies to this artist, I'm not sure if I have the right name so I'm leaving it with out a credit.  If anyone knows whose it is, please contact me.  Same thing for others without credit.





(I love how you can see Anastasia Fox's photo of a dog in a similar pose, to the right)


 Lovely exploration of memory and identity in the works of Jessie Suurallik



 Painter Kait Serafin has a number of sales.



Love the movement in these photos by Gemma Rose


 Asher J Klassen provided 3-D glasses to view his cartoon illustrations.


  Fascinating lifesized sculptures by Amanda Spearman (that's not Amanda, it's my friend Donna)
Wish I could have taken more photos but her area was fairly crowded.


I could spend hours examining the work of Lucas Glenn Co.


 Elysse Bujold uses water and not post production techniques to create beautiful images


The next three works are by Kristi Hemingson





 Really neat works by Kelsie Balehowski.  Get a closer look online.





 Dark fairy tales by photographer and make up artists Ashley Taron.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

Pearls of Wisdom

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book